Large Country House For Exclusive Rent
Your own private country estate
The Grange is a beautifully restored Georgian property originally built in 1690 with lovingly restored original features and all the benefits of modern technology and contemporary furnishings. Set in 1.5 acres of mature established gardens including a large terrace and a full size grass tennis court, there are 3.8 acres of paddock and apple orchards to be enjoyed.
The Grange sleeps 8-22 people throughout the 8 bedrooms (a further 2 dressing rooms which can also sleep an additional 4 if needed making total occupancy maximum of 26 guests). This really is a luxurious country estate boasting a 12-foot swim spa/hot tub, two games room with pool table, billiards and table tennis, a cinema with 16 cinema seats and a 3-metre wide screen, 100-foot master suite, exquisite bathrooms, two of which have spa baths, plus four reception rooms and broadband wireless internet in most areas of the house. Please note that whilst we will always give best effort, we can never guarantee availability of all facilities of the house, sometimes things go wrong, break or are simply not available.
- Entrance halls: There are two spacious entrance halls to meet and greet guests
- Sitting rooms: There are two sitting rooms with beautiful views over the courtyard and gardens
- Kitchen: Along with adjoining orangery forms the heart of this home, offering both a breakfast bar and full dining area. Handmade, bespoke shaker solid timber kitchen with a central island, Star Galaxy granite work-surfaces, range cooker and hobs, full size American fridge freezer, two integral dishwashers, double butler sink, instant hot water tap, integral steam cooker and warming drawer, wine fridge, two coffee machines, solid oak floors, Victorian leaded light windows, TV and internet point. Perfect for entertaining! There is a large dining table which comfortably seats 6-26 diners
- Orangery: Handmade, solid timber, fully double glazed, south facing, creates an amazing room that can be used all year round, offering wonderful views of the terrace and gardens with ample seating for guests. Two sets of French doors lead to the terrace and gardens
- Pool and Billiards room, also dart board
- Table tennis room with a full size table tennis room and wide selection of board games
- Cloakrooms: Two downstairs cloakrooms with a W.C.
- Snug: The oldest part of the house, dating back to 1690. Original exposed beams, travertine floor, Victorian windows, piano.
- Cinema: A home theatre with 16 cinema seats, surround sound speaker system and 3 metre screen. A range of Blu-rays are available, or you can of course bring your own discs or USB memory
- Utility Room: Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Ironing facilities are all available for your use during your stay
- Master bedroom suite: 100-foot long with two dressing rooms and an en-suite bathroom. One of the dressing rooms can also be used as a further bedroom (double bed sofa) or nursery. The magnificent master bedroom benefits from original exposed beams, Victorian open fireplace and dual aspect views through Victorian leaded light windows, over the courtyard and gardens. The en-suite has been designed for two. There is a double Jacuzzi whirlpool bath, a walk in double power shower, double sink and vanity unit, WC and airing cupboard. Ceramic tiled floor and Victorian leaded light windows overlooking the courtyard. The beds can be set up as one Superking, or two singles.
- Kids room: once the apple store, this room is perfect for the kids; it sleeps six in six single beds, has freeview TV and has access from the spiral staircase in the formal living room
- Three further large double bedrooms, all with freeview TV. The beds can be set up as one Superking, or two singles.
- Two further bathrooms on the first floor, including an oversized Jacuzzi whirlpool bath, power shower, double sink with fully fitted units and granite surfaces, WC and airing cupboard. Ceramic tiled floor, original Victorian fireplace and leaded light windows overlooking the courtyard
- Two further large double bedrooms, all with freeview TV. The beds can be set up as One Superking, or two singles.
- Luxury shower room
- Family bedroom with two double beds, can be used for one person, a couple, two couples or a family sharing.
- Large landing with a double sofa bed for additional sleeping if needed
- Courtyard with parking for up to 20 cars
- Approximately 1.5 acres of formal gardens including a full-size grass tennis court
- Garden summer house with 12-foot heated swim spa for use 365 days/year
- Approximately 3.8 acres of paddocks and fruit orchard
- Spectacular country views
- Outside BBQ and dining area with two gas BBQ's provided
- Garden tables and benches
- Large trampoline
- Children's play area
- Basketball net
- Grass Tennis
- Tree swing